HOW TO EMBRACE YOUR CURVES.

Image
At one point in life or the other, we have all been self-conscious about how we look and how others perceive us. Hollywood has created this ridiculous stereotype that for you to be viewed as sexy, you have to fit a particular body type. I have started several workout programs after watching BeyoncĂ©’ singing or watching a movie where the actress looked for ridiculously hot. Those programs did not last long because I was trying to look like someone else. Everybody is unique, just because you have curves does not mean you are unhealthy. I have been with people who I admire because they workout, they eat a healthy balanced diet but they also do not deny themselves that treat one’s in a while. They have curves, and they are proud of them because they are living a full, well-balanced life. Getting to the point where you accept yourself for who you are and live your best life is hard, but we are here to help with that. We came up with several tips to help you embrace your curves.

DEAR PRECIOUS YOU - WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT DURING COVID-19 [SIMPLEHAPPYSELF]



I do not know about you but deep down I am scared.
I am scared about what will happen to me, I am scared for my family, I am scared for my job security, I am scared for my country and most important of all I am scared for the whole human population.
The Covid-19 came to us like a thief in the night, no warning, no time to prepare.
One day we were fine and going about our businesses, a few weeks or months later everything changed.
The bridges that we formed as a society were crossed.
Nobody was safe anymore.
Rich or poor.
White or black.
Babies or the young or the elderly
Man or woman.
Africa or the USA.
We are all affected.
Jobs closed.
Countries locked down.
Gatherings whether happy or sad shutdown.
Churches, schools and places of worship are closed.
At this moment, nobody knows what is going to happen to the world.
We are all at the edge of our seats, waiting with baited breathe for it to blow over.
I would love to wake up tomorrow and find that it is all over.
Yet I know deep down in my heart that that is not possible, but I refuse to fall into despair.
I refuse to give in to fear.
I refuse to give up hope.
Instead, I choose to learn from this time.
I have learned to be grateful for my life and my family after the realization of just how fickle life is. Just how quickly we can lose those that we love.
The stay at home is great because I get to spend more time with my family, to reconnect again where I have been too busy. Most of the time, I come home tired and I just fall into bed ready to sleep. This is a chance to catch up with all that I love, reconnect and be happy with them.
I have also learned to love more. There is a saying if you have not loved you have not lived. Life is too short, love more.
The funny thing is that because of the pandemic people are taking better care of themselves. Before the pandemic how many times did you wash your hands in a day? How many times were you aware of those around you?
How many times did you encourage your neighbor or felt connected to a total stranger?
In a way, this disease is scaring us to take care of ourselves and those around us.
Which is not a bad thing.
The pandemic has also shown us that the world is just one big global village.
Nobody is more special than the other.
We are all the same.
Let us help each other stay safe during this period.
Remember to maintain high standards of hygiene like hand washing and sanitation regularly, keep at least one meter between you and the next person.
If you feel sick please get tested, and if you have the virus, it is not the end.
Take care of your health and please be mindful of others.
Let us pray and ask for God’s protection during these trying times.
Stay strong.
Stay safe.
We are all in this together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COME TO WORK WITH ME: SAFETY PRECAUTIONS I TOOK AGAINST COVID-19

HOW TO EMBRACE YOUR CURVES.